Do you remember...
The Otter Pops frozen treat was founded in 1970 by National Pax, but really came into it’s own in the 1980s when the competition between Otter Pops and Fla-Vor-Ice was in full swing. Otter Pops were a popsicle contained in a long plastic sleeve filled with bright frozen liquid resembling an edible wizard wand. The liquid was a “juice” created with sugar, water and other artificial ingredients. To eat an Otter Pop, you would have to cut a plastic end off the frozen treat and push the popsicle through the opening. In 1996, Fla-Vor-Ice’s parent company, Jel Sert acquired the Otter Pops brand, declaring themselves the victor in the iced wand wars and changing the Otter Pops recipe to be a healthy popsicle alternative… Which seemed to go against everything the Otter Pops brand originally stood for.
Otter Pops are also know as a cure for a hangover.
List of Otter Pop flavors
- Berry Punch – Blue Louie-Bloo Raspberry
- Strawberry – Red Strawberry Short Kook
- Lemon Lime – Green Sir Isaac Lime
- Tropical Punch – Light Red Poncho Punch
- Grape – Purple Alexander the Grape
- Orange – Orange Little Orphan Orange